Sunday, June 19, 2011

they say "bloom where you're planted"...

...and after all, isn't life about stopping to smell the roses? It's the little things that matter most if you really stop and think about it... life should be cherished and enjoyed everyday, make the most of what you have and be thankful for it. This blog is a result of my ever growing passion for gardening. After over a year off to recover from back surgery, I've returned to work at a local greenhouse / nursery / garden center called "Podwika's Garden City Growers" located at 117 French Rd. in West Seneca, New York. Here are Directions if you're interested in stopping by to visit. The Owners, Jim & Lisa Podwika, are just all-around great people to work for... it's a family run business whose goal is to offer a quality product, at a fair price, with excellent customer service & handling. People are greeted with a smile and a friendly "hello" and made to feel as though they are appreciated. I learn something new every day and have met so many interesting people with a passion for gardening! Due to my (sometimes uncontrolable) addiction to plants, I spend a good portion of my earnings right there at Garden City. I'll be regularly posting pictures and information regarding the botanical bliss I've chosen to grow in the gardens and many containers surrounding our home, along with a few other surprise posts. Hope you enjoy reading about my gardening addiction as much as I enjoy living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment